29 Aug Features of glass fiber and their application
There is a lot of speculation about glass fiber, despite the fact that today it is one of the most popular materials for building decoration. A coating is made of fiberglass, which, in turn, includes molten glass and sand.
It is interesting that wallpaper for walls for painting is literally woven, in the truest sense of the word, on special machines. After creation, the material is processed with a special composition, the recipe of which is kept secret by the manufacturers. It is only known that this mixture is based on starch, which gives the material stability of forms.
Consider what advantages glass fiber has over other types of coatings.
– Strength. Numerous tests have shown that the approximate service life of such wallpapers is 30-35 years, and that they have good resistance to various mechanical influences: scratches, tears, etc. d. Experts say that this type is stronger than painting interlining, 2 times.
– Ability to accumulate static electricity, which prevents dust from settling on surfaces.
– Moisture resistance, easy to use. Glass fiber can be washed, they are not subject to temperature changes, they are easy to clean from dirt. Thanks to this, the material has proven itself in the kitchen, hallway, bathroom.
– Environmental friendliness. Due to the special structure of this product, the surface under such a coating “breathes”, which cannot be said about other surfaces.
– Good reinforcing properties help glass fiber to protect walls from the appearance and growth of cracks.
Disadvantages of fiberglass wallpaper
one. Many people wonder how fiberglass wallpaper is glued. You can only paste such wallpaper on a perfectly flat surface. The walls are cleaned, puttied, and cracks, chips, joints of plates are reinforced with paint mesh. Everything is polished, cleaned of dust, primed with mixtures that have deep penetration.
2. Ordinary wallpaper glue is not suitable for pasting, but a special one is used – heavy-duty.
Are glass wallpapers harmful to health?? Not at all. Those who confuse fiberglass with glass wool speak about their harmfulness. In fact, there is nothing in common between these components. Fiberglass is environmentally friendly, as it has a completely natural basis. These are non-toxic, hypoallergenic natural components that contribute to a favorable microclimate of the room. No wonder such wallpapers are popular in European countries, and are also allowed for children’s institutions. To the pluses, you can add the fact that they are not capable of igniting.
Glass fiber has a certain decor structure: rhombus, matting, herringbone. More expensive design samples come with a more original pattern. It is possible to make custom-made wallpapers with various logos, coats of arms and other symbols.